A wide range of career opportunities are available through Greater Springfield Senior Services, Inc. We offer full-time employees:
Greater Springfield Senior Services, Inc. is an AA/EOE.
Greater Springfield Senior Services, Inc.
66 Industry Avenue, Suite 9
Springfield, MA 01104-3243
Send e-mail with attachments to
Assesses the need and eligibility of applicants and clients for home delivered meals. Will assist the clients in securing necessary and appropriate resources for the purpose of promoting the clients' independence and preventing institutionalization.
* Perform assessments via personal interviews in applicant's home to determine the need and eligibility for service.
* Follow-up with clients who are not at home when meal is delivered
* Participate in the client wellness-check process when inclement weather prevents meal delivery.
* Coordinate with nutrition staff to implement client satisfaction survey process.
* Assist in linking client to appropriate services where needed; provide follow-up to ensure effectiveness.
* Process referrals.
* Assist with meal deliveries in emergency situations.
* Assist with clerical duties as needed for the Home Delivered Meal Program.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. Requires relevant experience over 1 year. Must have valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation and good driving history.
Enjoy Work/Life balance! Elder Services Agency seeks team player to work in our Home Care department. No nights, weekends or holidays. Duties include performing assessments of elderly and disabled individuals living in the community. Completes initial assessments and annual reassessment visits on all personal care and home health aide clients; makes interim visits as needed. Develops appropriate care plans for personal care clients. Prepares and maintain nursing paper and electronic files. No hands-on care or heavy lifting required.
Minimum Qualifications: Valid MA RN license, BS in Nursing or Human Services preferred. Minimum one year experience, preferably in community-based setting. Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Provides psychosocial evaluation and assessment of referred individuals and potential host families/care providers for Adult Family Care program. Assists other program staff in matching potential participants with host families. Helps to develop individualized care plans and goals for program participants. Provides care management and service coordination including intervention, follow-up services, discharge planning and monthly visits. Requires good assessment skills, home visits, knowledge of community services, good oral/written communication, data entry skills.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field. Must have valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation and good driving history. MA Social Work license desirable. Written/verbal fluency in Spanish and English required.