Where To Start
Greater Springfield Senior Services Information and Referral (I&R) Department can answer your questions about home care services, public
benefits, housing options, support for care givers and much more. Our
Information and Referral Specialists can help you determine what you
need even when you aren't quite sure.
Our Specialists can provide you with information on a wide range of topics such as:
- Community, state and national resources
- Support services for caregivers
- Services for people with Alzheimer's Disease
- Benefits programs like Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP and more
- Grants and loans to build wheelchair ramps
- Housing options
- Health insurance
- Paying for prescription medication
When you call GSSSI at 413-781-8800:
Feel free to ask questions. If we don't have the answer, we'll conduct research and call you back within two business days.
- If you need more in-depth support, we will refer you
to an Elder Care Advisor who will speak with you in more detail and develop a list of options
and resources for you.
- If it appears you might be eligible for some of our state-subsidized
services, we'll ask you some questions and refer you to one of our Case
Managers for an in-home assessment.
Community Educational Programs
Greater Springfield Senior Services' staff are available to speak to business and community groups. Our topics include:
- Accessing and Paying for Elder Care Services
- Elderly Housing Options
- Planning for Retirement
- Making Ends Meet on a Limited Budget
- Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Healthy Living Series
We can also tailor a presentation to meet your organization's needs.
800AgeInfo Web Site
The 800AgeInfo Web site is a
joint partnership between the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder
Affairs and Mass Home Care Association. It assists consumers and
families as well as professionals seeking information and resources on
elder care services. The site lists information on approximately
40,000 programs and services for elders in Massachusetts.
Other Resources/Related Links