Home Care Program
The Home Care Program provides services to eligible older residents of GSSSI's twelve-town service area who need assistance so they may continue to live independently and safely at home. Fees for service are on a sliding fee scale based on income and are mandated by state regulation.
Services may include:
- Case Management
- Adult Day Programs
- Assistance with Personal Care
- Food Shopping
- Meal Preparation
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Transportation for Medical Appointments
- Must be at least 60 years of age, or
- Under age 60 with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease and have a caregiver in need of respite services
- Have an assessed need for assistance with tasks such as bathing, dressing, housework, laundry, grocery shopping, medication reminders, meal preparation, or medical transportation
- Have an annual gross income less than $25,731 for an individual; $36,409 for a couple (Note: income amounts change every January 1)
- Individuals whose incomes exceed these limits and who have a daily caregiver may be eligible for services through our Respite Program.
Contact GSSSI's Information and Referral Department for more information and to make a referral: